Backend Software Engineer
As the Backend Software Engineer, you will work actively to build and maintain Sentri’s core software infrastructure that is the backbone for every experience across the Sentri platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop high quality, highly available systems.
- Projects include identity management, large-scale data processing frameworks, media server, and service endpoints for web, embedded and mobile clients.
- Write clear, maintainable and performant code
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of backend software development experience
- Solid understanding of multiple programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++)
- Familiar with any MVC frameworks (Django, Ruby, Laravel, Express, etc.)
- Experience with a combination or of the following: Amazon Web Services, Analytics, Big Data, WebRTC, RTCP, STUN/TURN
- Passion for and ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong knowledge of Unix / Linux based systems
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to reason about performance tradeoffs
What You’ll Ideally Have:
- Github and/or StackOverflow accounts, and links to technical blog are huge bonus points
- Familiar with video/audio streaming technology and/or data collection/analysis
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org